My reSearch for Treasure
I bought a book the other day titled The Craft of Research. I am not sure why, but I was definitely drawn to the book. Perhaps it was my desire to be successful in the academic world. Perhaps it was my way of feeling competent in Powell's. Perhaps it was a call to English and away from Biology. Who knows? What I do know for sure is that I wandered that store for a very long time looking for something to read while I rehydrated, and this is what my exhausted self decided on.

It turns out my choice was a good one. I decided earlier today that I wanted to write an essay on why I was vegan. Unfortunately, this is a generally uninteresting question; one I can answer in a few words: because I thought I could. So, to improve my chances of writing a decent essay, and to practice my writing skills for the future, I thought this would be an excellent opportunity to apply the suggests of this book. It is rather convenient that I am in Part 2: Asking Questions Finding Answers | Chapter 3: From Topics to Questions. While I am on the topic of practicing things I am learning this summer, I would also like to add that this will be very good TeX/LaTeX practice. Hopefully, I will improve my LaTeX skills to be proficient enough to write an essay I paid money to write...er...for a class, I mean. 

The details of my preliminary questioning / brainstorming is too banal and space consuming to post as a real post, so it instead gets buried and linked to. There are six categories, some of which have subcategories, with a total number of eleven ways to ask questions. My goal was to ask at least five questions for each way, giving a grand total of at least 55 answerable/reserachable questions. 

Topic: Veganism

Links
My Reseach Questions (My blog)


One Response so far.

  1. Sarah says:

    Cool. Knowledge is always good!

Leave a Reply