The Great Bicycle Adventure Part 2


I have fiddled with it this morning and I give up. I am going to take it to the shop to see if they can do it for me. I just need to attach my front wheel and I'll be good to go. 

Front Wheel
There was a little |_| bit of carboard on the wheel and the tightening/securing screw that goes through the axle was ziptied to a spoke.

Ok, the front wheel is attached. Time to see if I can catch the bus! 

(A little while later...)

While I said I had given up, I really had not. I figured out how to put the derailleur cable casings in their crowns (I just had to play with the derailleurs, pushing them into a lower gear...they were in the highest gear which made it really hard to pull the cable! I have also adjusted the tensions enough to be satesfactory. I think they should be fine. Now I need to attach pedals and my front brake callipers. 

Great news! Everything is on my bike! Pedals, brakes, the whole deal. Now I need to inflate the tires (easier said than done- I have an awful little hand pump) and I should be good to go. 

(Another little while later...)

Finished! My bike is ridable! Almost. I hopped on to check the fitting and my handle bars twisted forward. I am gladd about it though; they only twist when I put pressure on them. Yes! I did that on purpose so I could adjust them when I was ready to fit it! Well done...I mean...I am so smart for thinking ahead like that! 

Leave a Reply