Wow. There is so much to talk about and I dont even know where to start. But who ever does.

So, first a little bit about Boy's State. It is a government acmp where boys from all around Michigan go and roleplay government in pretty astounding detail. They had a saying there. Learn by doing. and I did learn. I learned what not to do. I learned that its ok to talk to people. It's ok to share what I feel. I don't have to hold everything in.

But I have felt a change in myself, and there are so many reason's why. But I never want to lose this feeling. Everyone played such an important part. We all worked so hard. We were a team, a family. We made mistakes together and we bounced back together. We were, no... we are, such a strong group. I dont want to lose touch. For all of those who read this please call me or email me or IM me. Don't let this pass you by! If any of you want to spend a day in Ann Arbor with me just give me a ring and I'll be there. Don't be a stranger.

Now for my psychological rant.
I hear all of these stories and these defeats that people have had. I listen to them, I hear their pain and I take it in. I realize that I have it really good. it seems to me that people, when they want attention (especially me) will begin to make myself depressed or upset. What gives me strength is the fact that somebody is worse off than I am. I know that sounds kind of mean but think about it. Knowing that there is somebody out there who is worse off, or in a worse situation than you are nearly belittle's your problem. It gives you hope. I think that is what happened to a good friend of mine.

Finally, I need to speak of a person that I just met, who I feel close to. Josh. If or when you read this, please know that I am amazed at what you were able to achieve. You were able to come back to this camp, more or less one year old than the group you led, and you were able to open yourself to us and that, in turn, allowed me to open myself to others and to myself. Please don't lose touch. I'll come and visit you at GVSU some time. And you know that you are required to attend our little reunion thing later.

I think why these camps are so great is that you get a new start. You dont have to depend on your past, or worry about what has happend in the past. That all doesn't matter. You don't need to worry about what problems you will face with certain people,. because you don't know anybody and you get a new begining. It is yours to do with what you will. Use it or abuse it. Just don't hesitate to grab it and go from there. You can't go through this world alone. I've tried and it doesn't work. So if you can't get throught to anybody else, or if I am on your list of people to call, then do. Don't let it fall.

And to everyone, call me sometime. I don't want to lose what we have. So I bid you good night and I'll see you all in the morning, bright and early. 6:55 at Norbert, see you there.

One Response so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    You're going to lose what you had or wanted because you're breaking my friends heart. Have you changed that much that you don't care about the past or how other people feel? Life will be lonely.

Leave a Reply