Knowledge is.....

Isn't it amazing how we are the best people who know ourselves. Nobody can know us better. And such is that you can not know someone else better than yourself. So when you think of another person, they give you only a fraction of themselves and you just go ahead and fill in the spaces. It's a real shame that we can't just completely know another person...but that really isn't our fault is it.

So each time you meet someone, you take a first impression of them. I am using X as an example.
I meet X in, say a cafe. I automatically assume that X likes this place and consumes beverages or food at such place. I also make an assumption about their wardrobe based on what they are wearing. Next, I begin to talk a little and learn what X likes and does with its time.
About this time, I notice strange things they do, like never look right at me for a very long time. Hmm that's strange, I think. "Sorry, but I need to get going," I say, "it was nice meeting you. Let's do this again sometime." Of course I don't leave a number or contact information. X knows my name. If they really want they can find me, I know I will find them.

I'm so hopeless.

2 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Colin, I love you. I think that you are simply brilliant. This is one of my favourite websites (after, say, www.therasmus.fi) because I know there is always something intelligent (and intelligible) on here that will make me smile, in a way I can´t really explain. I am blessed to know you and I miss you a lot. A very lot. Hauska Joulua!
    C

  2. Anonymous says:

    AHHH! YAY! You are still alive!! I am writing you right now! My letter is almost done! I am still working on it. You knw I made my mom drive when I found the letter because I wanted to read it!?! I loved the stories and I so wish I could have been there with you at the concert. I miss you too!
    H

Leave a Reply