NEWS FLASH


SNOWDAY THEOLOGY

1) School can only be canceled when it is at an inopportune time for me.


2) I must be completely dressed and ready to go before the call can be made.(I don't think you get this on a crew day. I have two bags to pack, and put on all of my rowing work out cloths under my normal cloths. That way, they canceller can laugh at me when I have to take them all off again....such a pain.

3) It must be early in the morning, e.g. 5:45; and I must be walking out the door to go to crew.

4) The person on the phone must dramatically pause as to tease all children into thinking there is school. (p.s. for all of you not at Saline, the normal, everyday message is "Thank You for calling Saline Schools." That means we do have school.) e.g. "Thank you far calling Saline Schools..(3 second pause)..Today is [insert day,date] ...(another 3 second pause)...and school is.....(5 second pause)....c....aaaaaaaa.......nceledfortoday(he says that last part really fast)

5) Always After the call, I must, yes it is a requirement, I must have no idea whether I should go back to bed for oh say 1.5 hours; or stay awake even though I didn't get a whole lot of sleep.

6) Also, everyone must be overcome with a feeling of joy due to the snowday which disregards all previous feelings of badness from numbers 1 - 5.



Thank You and Have a Nice Day

One Response so far.

  1. Unknown says:

    I know how you feel. I had just gotten into the shower when I found out at 5:30 AM (jazz band morning also). It took me like two hours to go back to sleep. The next thing I knew, my alarm went off....again.

    That'll teach us for being overly involved, imbitious, school driven cattle!

    ;)

Leave a Reply