My suit coat was the last piece. I was ready. All dressed up, had my horn, and the quintet had already awrmed up. We went to where everything was set up and got our instruments. We took our cases to the back and got our horns out and got ready to play. We played various classical songs with a few others thrown in between. We played for a good hour for our audience. Then, when we were finished, we left our chairs and stands and put our instruments away. As I was walking back, I reflected. Walking past the shampoo, and the pop and candy. Next past the childrens toys and cheap gimmicks. I thought on how I am going to look back on this day, our first gig. Then I left, walking out the doors of the Dollar General thinking what our next gig is going to be.

One Response so far.

  1. Colin says:

    So did Mitch Hedburg =-(

Leave a Reply